A5, 48 pages, staple bound, thick coloured cardstock cover / b&w interior
Vaults of Vaarn is an ongoing series of zines for science-fantasy tabletop RPG gaming. The second 48-page issue is a city-based adventure supplement for the setting, expanding on the far-future world outlined in the first issue. The reader can visit the city of Gnomon, a decadent and dangerous trade hub.
Issue #2 Includes:
- Information and background on Gnomon: what it looks like, how it feels to walk through its streets, and why your players might visit the city.
- Seven major NPCs who influence the city's politics. Brief, evocative information on their appearance, personality, and desires.
- Guidance on how to use all seven major NPCs as either allies or antagonists for the players. No set narratives - just tools to create conflicts.
- Seven major factions, one linked to each major NPC. They run the gamut from water-hoarding militias and clandestine cannibal cults to sun worshippers and gladiator lawyers.
- Information on how the factions operate, how players might join them, and guidance on playing the factions against one another.
- Generator tables for creating merchant cartels, noble houses, taverns, pit fighting arenas, philosopher's guilds, gangs of criminals, and religious orders. Each comes with a custom-built drama table that can help you create stories at your gaming table.
- Street encounters, mercenaries for hire, and randomly generated Vaarnish meals.
- Further story hooks to help you flesh out an ongoing campaign set in the city.
Fully illustrated with evocative black and white line art.
Written and Illustrated by Leo Hunt