A5, 44 pages, Saddle-Stitched, Colour cover/Black and White text.
In the Light of a Faded World takes place in a post apocalyptic future in which humans are presumed extinct. The planet is healing. The forests, the jungles, the reefs, the bogs and ponds, and all the other bits of Earth are thriving. The towns, cities, and vast urban sprawls previously inhabited by humans have been overgrown by nature. Detritus and ruins are all that remain as a reminder that humans once walked the Earth.
Inside In the Light of a Faded World you will find:
- An ultralight introduction to roleplaying. Not everyone has played an RPG before. If you haven't you're still welcome here. This'll get you up to speed.
- The rules. A lightweight system based on In the Light of a Ghost Star (hence the name).
- An adventure. The Council would like you to explore the Ghost Mall and see if it has enough artifacts required to secure your burrows and nests for the coming winter, and to also provide potential safe havens for others to find new places to nest. Beware though, it is rumoured that a Human has been seen wandering the halls of the Ghost Mall.
- A variety of random generation tables. All the tables you could need, and probably a few you don't.
- Guides for different biomes. I live on Treaty #3 Territory between Lake Huron and Lake Ontario in a temperate deciduous forest biome, and have made that the "default" Setting. You might live somewhere that is not that type of environment, or would like to use a different biome than the one you live in and this section will help you quickly get you up and running in a different biome.
- Notes on play style. Maybe you like running 1GM & 1PC, or maybe you like solo play. I like those things as well and want to support them as best I can.
- References. A small RPG zine about real world nature cannot contain all the resources we have written about nature. Nor am I even remotely close to an expert on the subject. However, there are a lot of outstanding field guides and other books that can help fill in the blanks. They'll also look great on your bookshelf. Consider this my Appendix N.
In the Light of a Faded World is a 44 page zine, fully illustrated by Amanda Lee Franck, includes a short story and prose from Zedeck Siew, features character backgrounds, a variety of tables, and an adventure.
** PDF files included with purchase